6 white flesh nectarines, cut into half and then into thirds again (can use any fruit in season)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
90g plain flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon sugar
To serveGreek yoghurt (for a treat for the kids, I serve this up with a swirl of maple syrup or honey)
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celcius,
2. Melt the butter in a 25 cm frying pan with an ovenproof handle.
3. Add fruit and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add brown sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice and cook. Shake pan occasionally until sugar has dissolved.
5. Mix flour, salt, lemon zest and sugar together in a large bowl.
6. Make a well in the centre and slowly add eggs and milk, whisking lightly to combine. (Don't worry about the lumps that form)
7. Pour batter even over the fruit (it's fine if the fruit shows through).
8 Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
9. Serve immediately with yoghurt.